1. What is club volleyball? Club volleyball is a highly organized, nationwide, competitive volleyball network designed for athletes to refine their volleyball skills, compete at the local, regional and national levels.
2. Can the multi-sport athlete play for Missouri Fire VBC? Yes, a large number of Fire players participate in more than one sport, especially in the younger age divisions.
3. What is the roster size and number of teams in Missouri Fire VBC? Roster sizes vary depending on the age division and usually consist of 8 – 10 athletes so that everyone can get a reasonable amount of playing time. However, we do not guarantee any player, any amount of playing time.
4. When does club volleyball take place? Practices for most teams begins in November or December and will go through Regionals (April). Competition for most teams begins in January and will end with the Regional Championships.
5. Where do teams practice? Missouri Fire uses the Rec-Plex St. Peters as their home site. Other sites may be determined as needed. More info on practices is here.
6. How many practices a week will there be and the duration of each practice? Each team will usually practice twice a week for 1 1/2 hours each practice.
7. How many tournaments will we attend, when and where? The number of tournaments, tournament dates and locations are decided by each coach based on their availability as well as their players. Our teams generally play in 8 to 10 tournaments, on avg 2 times per month. Additional tournaments are at each coach’s discretion with parent/player input. Location of tournaments will include play in the Gateway Region as well as out of town. The Gateway Region encompasses the eastern part of Missouri and the southern part of Illinois.
8. What does it cost to play? The annual fees for participation depend on the age division of the team and the amount of travel. Failure to pay money due by due date will result in player suspension from practices and tournament play. No uniform will be distributed to any player whose payment is delinquent. Please contact Club Director if unusual circumstances arise. More info on fees can be found here.
9. What if you commit to Missouri Fire and cannot complete the season? Once registrations are completed, no refund requests will be honored. This is because we pay most expenses out in advance. If a player is released from a team or quits for any reason, no refunds will be honored. Again, this is because we pay most expenses out in advance. Fees are non-refundable.
10. You may have many questions about club try-outs. We refer you to the Gateway Region FAQ site: http://cdn1.sportngin.com/attachments/document/0112/2796/FAQ_2017.pdf